Scots is the Germanic language, related to English, spoken in Lowland Scotland and Ulster, not the Celtic language Gaelic!
It is advisable to read the following before using the Dictionary:
- Search Tips for achieving a successful translation from Scots to English or English to Scots.
- Abbreviations Abbreviations used in the dictionary.
- Spelling Guide A guide to non-regional Scots spelling.
Pronunciation is also mentioned.
- Phonetic Symbols Phonetic symbols used in the spelling guide.
- Use the Online Scots Dictionary.
Translate from Scots to English
Translate from English to Scots
Leaf through the Scots to English dictionary as in a book.